Theodore J. Fiegenbaum
Nellie M. Erlenborn
The following is a transcription of Marriage License number 4815 and the Return of a Marriage to County Clerk found in Marriage Register 3, page 6 in the archives of LaSalle County, Illinois.
Photocopies of the original documents were provided by the LaSalle County Genealogy Guild, of Ottawa, Illinois.
The People of the State of Illinois.
To Solemize Marriage.
Marriage may be Celebrated
Between Mr Theodore J. Fiegenbaum of Hampton
in the County of Hamilton and State of Nebraska
of the age of Twenty Seven years and M iss Nellie M. Erlenborn
of Mendota in the County of LaSalle and State of
Illinois of the age of Nineteen years.
Witness P. Finlen, County Clerk and the seal of said County
at his Office in Ottawa in said County this 10th day of Sept. AD 18 89
P. Finlen County Clerk
per Geo. H. Madden
hereby certify that Mr Theodore J. Fiegenbaum and
Miss Nellie M. Erlenborn were united in Marriage by me at Mendota
in the County of La Salle and State of Illinois on the eleventh day of Sept. AD 1889
Ev. luth. Pastor
Illinois State Board of Health.
Return of a Marriage to County Clerk.
1. Full name of Groom, Theodore J. Fiegenbaum
2. Place of Residence, Hampton Nebr
3. Occupation, Druggist
4. Age next Birthday, 27 years. Color, W. Race, C.
5. Place of Birth, St. Paul Minn
6. Father's Name, Frederik Fiegenbaum
7. Mother's Maiden Name, Louise Otto
8. Number of Groom's Marriage, 1st
9. Full Name of Bride, Nellie M. Erlenborn
Maiden Name, if a Widow,
10. Place of Residence, Mendota Ills.
11. Age next Birthday, 19 years. Color, W. Race, C.
12. Place of Birth, Mendota Ills.
13. Father's Name, Anton Erlenborn
14. Mother's Maiden Name, Rosa Haefner
15. Number of Bride's Marriage, 1st
16. Married at Mendota in the County of La Salle and the State of Illinois, the 11th
day of September 18 89
17. Witnesses to Marriage, Adam [--?--]
Otto [P?] Erlenborn
N.B. -- At Nos. 8 and 15 state whether 1st, 2d, 3d, &c., Marriage of each. 17 give names of subscribing witnesses to the Marriage Certificate. If no subscribing witnesses, give names of two persons who witnessed the ceremony.
Mendoata Ills. Sept. 11 1889
We Hereby Certify that the information above given is correct, to the best of our knowledge and belief.
Theo J. Fiegenbaum [signature] (Groom.)
Nellie Erlenborn [signature] (Bride.)
I Hereby Certify that the above is a correct return of a Marriage solemnized by me.
Ev. luth. Pastor
Dated at Mendota Ills. this 11th day of Sept. 18 89