Conrad Heinrich Adolph Wehrmann
1825 — 1886
Adolph, as he seems to have been commonly known, was born in Almena, Principality of Lippe (in northwestern Germany).
At about the age of 26, he; his father; his step-mother, Wilhelmine (nee Meier); his sisters, Friederike Henriette Wehrmann and Wilhelmine Florentine Charlotte Wehrmann; and his half-sister, Dorothea Charlotte Wehrmann, emigrated from Germany. The family departed Bremen aboard the ship Rebecca and landed in New Orleans, Louisiana on November 4, 1851.
The family settled in eastern Missouri, very likely in Warren County.
Conrad Heinrich Adolph Wehrmann must have returned to Germany, for on 3 February 1854 at Bistrup, Principality of Lippe, he and Friedericke Florentine Charlotte Höfer were married.
It is likely that the couple did not tarry long in Germany. At the time of the 1860 U.S. census, an "Adolf Werman," age 34, his wife, "Charotte" age 32, and two daughters, Wilhelmine (age 5) and Anna (age 2), both listed as born in Missouri, were living in Charette Township, in Warren County. The births and baptisms of both girls were recorded in the baptismal register of the German Evangelical Church on Charrette, located at Holstein, Missouri.
Also living in the same household were four members of the Freitag family (ages 50-14), as well as August & Louise "Hofer" and their son, Gustave (age 1). August "Hofer" was likely related to Adolph Wehrmann's wife.
Before the end of that decade, the Wehrmanns had moved west to Lafayette County, Missouri.
In 1860, a son, Heinrich August Adolph Wehrmann, joined his two sisters and brought the size of the family to five.
Adolph and Charlotte Wehrmann "adopted" their three year old neice, Friederiecke Charlotte Begemann, when her mother died in 1868 and her father remarried within a year.
Adolph died in Lafayette County, Missouri in 1886 and was buried in the cemetery of Salem Evangelical and Reformed Church, at Higginsville.
The wedding of Friederiecke Begemann and Heinrich Landwehr took place at her aunt's home at Higginsville, Lafayette County, Missouri in February 1887.